Download Recent Update
Latest Version: 5.00.40 (Description)
Released On: Tuesday, Jun 18, 2019
Download the update file to a convenient location and double-click on the file.
For those interested in calibrating or simulating laboratory testing of rock core samples using PFC, an updated version of FISHTank, now called Material Modeling Support, is available to download for free.
For those interested in the creation and triaxial testing of a synthetic unsaturated granular material containing geogrid using PFC3D, the Pavement-Design Package, is available to download for free.
PFC 5.00 64-bit Update
||Jun 18, 2019
- Fix the flat-joint contact model for large strain.
||Nov 26, 2018
- Fix save/restore of ballthermal properties.
- Fix inheritance of property THRES in thermal contact model thermalpipe.
||Oct 11, 2018
- Fix export of the wall servo-control data structure with the TO6 capability.
- Fix a bug in the determination of clump template inertia tensor from pebbles alone.
||Sep 27, 2018
- Fix the computation of the off-diagonal stress components in 2D when accessing the stress tensor as a symmetric tensor with the FISH intrinsic MEASURE.STRESS.
- Fix the TO6 capability with FISH functions. The latest value returned by the function is now exported.
- Include missing interface header files that caused the C++ Plugin projects to fail compiling since the last update.
||Sep 9, 2018
- Add capability to export save files in a format compatible with PFC version 6.0 with the TO6 command
||Mar 22, 2018
- Fix code hanging on restore if a required contact model DLL is not present.
- Add the DOMAIN TOLERANCE command and DOMAIN.TOLERANCE FISH intrinsic to allow the user to specify a relative tolerance on the domain extent changes to trigger remapping of the model components in the cellspace. This tolerance defaults to zero, effectively remapping the model components in the cellspace at each cycle when domain distortion is active. It can be set to a non-zero value to speedup computation, but should be used with care to ensure that potential contacts are not missed during the simulation.
- Add the CONTACT.BRANCH FISH intrinsic to provide read access on the contact branch vector, defined as the vector joining the centroids of the bodies comprising the pieces in contact.
- Augment the Python interface to provide access to branch vectors and groups, both for the objects interfaces and the array interfaces.
||Jan 18, 2018
- Fix wall servo logic. The logic was not working with a complex target force vector (with more than one non-zero component). The servo-control now operates independently in each direction where the target servo force component is non-zero.
- Modify thermalpipe inheritance for the thermal resistance property to be the sum of the resistances of the contacting pieces (this assumes they act in series).
- Fix potential crash when exporting free nodes ith the GEOMETRY EXPORT command.
- Turn the caret white if the editor pane background color is set to a dark color.
- Ensure that the background color is properly copied over when duplicating a plot view.
||Jan 15, 2017
- Fix GEOMETRY ROTATE command which would interrupt prematurely in 2D.
- Modify the Hertz contact model so that the Hertz force can be modified.
- Provide acess to the axis angle as a body attribute to circumvent gimbal lock issues.
- Prevent fixed dofs from contributing to the timestep constraint for balls and clumps.
- Fix CLUMP EXPORT command issue in 2D.
- Update obsolete interface files related to thermal logic.
- Allow the model result logic to export/import files in folders different from the current working directory.
||Jul 28, 2017
- Fix inheritance behavior for property RR_FRIC in RRLINEAR contact model.
- Fix potential crash when restoring a file with a missing user-defined plugin DLL.
- Fix inconsistency when using differential density scaling with a target timestep other than 1.0.
||May 30, 2017
- Fix duplicated contour caption with 2D geometry plotitem.
- Fix clump inertia tensor computation which could return negative values in rare cases.
- Fix fragment parent/child relationship. Was corrupt when the parent fragment did not change during the previously computed state.
- Fix the inline help dialog behavior.
- Fix potential divide by zero error in Burger's model when in tension.
- Minor fix to the clump replicate command to check that a template is specified and prevent a crash.
- Add the BALL.STRESS.FULL FISH intrinsic to give access to the full stress tensor.
- Change the MEASURE.STRESS.FULL FISH intrinsic to return a 2*2 matrix in 2D.
- Fix potential disconnect between mechanical and thermal wall containers after a restore.
||Feb 26, 2017
- Fix bug when testing non manifold conditions during new wall facet addition in 2D. The addition could fail while the facet was valid.
- Fix group behavior for thermal contacts. Make sure they rely on their host mechanical contacts.