- Download the Microsoft installer (.msi) file. This is a full installation file; a previous version of the software is not necessary.
- Double-click on the file to begin the installation.
Starting with subversion 395, an update to the Microsoft (R) Visual C++ 2005 Runtime is REQUIRED. (The current subversion of the code update available here appears at the end of the Revision History — see link above.) If not present, on startup the code will return an error message similar to "The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem" (on Windows XP or later) or it will complain of missing DLLs (Windows 2000).
The installation process need only be performed once; subsequent updates to FLAC will not require these steps to be repeated (updates to the runtime released by Microsoft may need to be installed).
Users of Windows XP should also update the Windows installer to Version 4.0 or newer.
Visual C++ 2005 Runtime
Download Recent Update
Latest Version: 7.00.424
Released On: Wednesday, May 11, 2016
FLAC 7.0 32-bit Update
Software Update Revisions
||May 11, 2016
- Fixed a bug in the CYsoil model(added apex correction).
||Dec 22, 2015
- Fixed zone number ID issue, so the value can be returned from getZoneID() in a user-defined model.
- Fixed issue with bad gemotry error.
- Fixed issue with the z_group() in FISH.
||Dec 15, 2014
- Fixed bug in a movie plot with structural elements.
||Aug 22, 2014
- Modified the fish Duncan model to use a finite lower bound value for the Young's modulus.
- Added a new section "Getting Started" in FLAC help file.
||May 23, 2014
- Made modifications to unit labels for cable elements(FLAC/Slope only).
- Fixed typos in FLAC manual and updated manual to indicate different definition of c1 and c2 in Finn model.
- Added logic to update subzone condition flags after rezoning.
||Oct 1, 2013
- Suppressed the file-overwrite message for formatted files.
||Jun 17, 2013
- Updated the remeshing logic to respond to the fluid tension criteria when saturation is updated.
- Fixed a bug introduced in version 7 associated with free field and quiet boundaries for .CPP and .fish constitutive models including Finn model, If this affects any of your models, we recommend that they be rerun.
||Mar 8, 2013
- Fixed a bug in the fluid-thermal coupling logic (axi-symmetry only).
||Feb 12, 2013
- Made corrections in x-load and y-load output from "print struct node info" command for the case where a number of structures in a model are specified with different spacings.
- Fixed an error in "copy" command with structure elements output.
||Oct 22, 2012
- Fixed a bug in cparse function.
- Fixed the hyperlink issue in FLAC manual.
- Modified read/write fish i/o file so that arrays of any dimension can be read/written.
- Added backcolor flag for print hardcopy in command mode: if false, set to default color(white), else set to user-defined color.
- Allowed modifying FISH intrinsic variables DYTDEL and GWTDEL.
- Fixed a couple of type mismatch in plot/print items(Hoek-Brown).
- Modified FoS display format: the result dialog will display a floating number 7 digits wide, with 3 decimal places, and the number of decimal digits in printed FoS is increased from 2 to 3.
||Dec 21, 2011
- Fixed a bug in hardcopy plot generation when AUTONAME is active.
- Added AUTONAME logic to EPS and DXF plot logic.
- Added a new GP FISH intrinsic GP_PNT(i,j) to return memory address of gridpoint(i,j).
- Correction to Cam-Clay model source to more appropriately set a lower bound for pre-consolidation pressure.
- Fixed a variable initialization bug for two-phase flow logic.
||Nov 22, 2011
- Added CPOW as a built-in model in Creep configuration.
- Fixed a bug for TPFlow. The bug was introduced in the modification to multhread stress calculation.
- Updated COMMAND REFERENCE, CREEP MATERIAL MODELS and FLAC help manuals. In COMMAND REFERENCE, model and properties of CPOW were added. In CREEP MATERIAL MODELS, the model description and examples for CPOW were added. In FLAC help manual, the help on APPLY tool was modified to include applicability conditions of Free-field.
- Changed 'hb_tension' to 'hbtension' in MHoek model (consistent with the description in the manuals).
||Oct 21, 2011
- This is FLAC7.00 release version.