- Add an additional check for rblock convexity in 3D.
- Add the ability to export 3D rblocks to 3DEC 5.2.
- For 3D rblocks where the mesh is not 3 connected, switch back to the old contact resolution as it is faster.
- Fix menu flicker in gui.
- Fix a bug when setting the position or rotating a rigid block with FISH or Python.
- Update web licensing to allow for older CPUs.
- Fix bug in wall facet contact resolution. This could be manifest when using a reference gap or when there is significant overlap between a ball or pebble and a facet.
- Switch 3D rigid block contact resolution to use GJK+EPA combined with direct overlap computation versus convex hull computation. This version is more efficient and more robust when determining the contact position in 3D.
- Ensure weak ordering in the 3D EPA when merging facets.
- Add the CONTACT CMAT PROXIMITY command.
- Deprecate the usage of the PROXIMITY keyword in the CMAT ADD/DEFAULT/MODIFY commands.
- Update to Qt 5.12.
- If the measurement sphere position or radius is updated with FISH or Python tag for an update in plotting and reset the valid bit.
OFFICAL RELEASE VERSION
- Fix a bug when eroding a rigid block where, in extreme cases, a crash could occur due the absence of connectivity information.
- Fix an issue in 3D with rigid block full contact resolution which could cause model cycling slowdown over time and memory bloat for large models.
- Fix save/restore of ballthermal properties and inheritance in thermalpipe contact model.
- Multithread erosion.
- Fix a GJK bug that could cause a contact resolution error with rigid blocks.
- Localize all of the rigid block creation utilities, fixing a bug manifested when cutting.
- Check for 0 radius when creating a ball by FISH.
- Documentation updates.
- Make the HISTORY commands consistently use the POSITION keyword and update the documentation.
- Fix a potential restore bug for contacts with wall facets.
- Improve cycling performance when many inhibited contacts exist in a model.
- Fix the rigid block BBM example to use the correct measure of stress and use the corrected values in the tunnel example.
- Fix editor focus when activating from different pane.
- Fix documentation search focus issue.
- Fix the rigid block overlap when not in contact with rounding.
- Fix performance issue in algorithms using the cellspace to acquire lists of objects in a box or along a line.
- Fix support dialog missing itasca.css file.
- Fix "Open in browser" help capability.
- Fix application geometry issue on code fire.
- Fix issue with exporting plots to pdf.
- Fix FLAC3D issue with multithreaded polling.
- Fix a number of memory leaks in the zone module.
- Fix save/restore of zone relax apply conditions.
- Clean up the IRBlock and IRBlockModule comments.
- Fix the PROGRAM LIST PRINCIPAL command.
- Add checks for facets having well defined normals when creating rblocks.
- Add the FILL keyword to the WALL-ZONE CREATE command, making sure that all wall facets are created.
- Ensure that eroding keeps facet normals well defined.
- Documentation updates.
- Document the MODEL ENERGY command for energy tracking and fix the conversion utility for this command.
- Fix wall facet additions for complex geometries.
- Update extruder zone quality checks.
- Make the addition of rblocks from vertices more robust when degenerate facets are introduced.
- Speed up erosion when many vertices are present by putting in a spatial hash.
- Switch Quickhull implementations if the standard version fails in 3D.
- Fix the command conversion utility to handle line continuations.
- Add rigid block Python access.
- Fix some issues blocking custom contact model construction.
- Fix some issues blocking custom C++ FISH intrinsic creation.
- Fix plotitem modify bug that impacts PFC related plot items only.
- Change so that a model domain extent update causes fractures to be cleaned.
- Fix an inline help crash bug.
- Fix a problem with plot windows not updating when they become the top widget with focus.
- Fix a number of equations that were not rendering correctly with MathJax.
- Documentation updates.
- Add templates for C++ FISH Intrinsic and C++ contact model creation with documentation.
- Fix crash bug introduced with save/restore of wall servo logic from older versions.
- Fix the group intrinsics for PFC model components.
- Add the ability to use SMOOTHJOINT and FLATJOINT contacts with wall facets.
- Fix the wall-zone coupling to ensure a well-determined facet-normal axis system.
- Fix potential crash due to startup dialog being deleted before code modifications were checked.
- Fix potential crashes associated with setting properties from fractures.
- Add thermal rigid blocks.
- Set the code identifier to BETA.
- Loading the alpha version of FLAC2D requires a FLAC 8.1 license alone.
- Fix a bug in the determination of clump template inertia tensor from pebbles alone.
- Fix 2D domain plot.
- Fix MODEL SOLVE AND persistence.
- Fix startup dialog when a project file is given.
- Fix contact plot scale by force save/restore.
- Make changes to the DELTEMP, SHEAT, THEXP, and APPLIEDPOWER thermal attributes. They are now TEMPERATURE-INCREMENT, SPECIFIC-HEAT, EXPANSION, and POWER-APPLIED, respectively.
- Change the ball and clump thermal intrinsics thermal.deltemp and thermal.sheat to thermal.temp.increment and thermal.specific.heat, respectively.
- Change the thermal history consistently to be POWER-UNBALANCED from UNBALPOWER.
- Fix erosion of rigid blocks in 2D.
- Activate the Python menu item.
- Enable the examples dialog.
- Enable the support dialog.
- Fix rigid block cutting corner cases.
- Change the mech.ratio.ave intrinsics to mech.ratio.avg to be consistent with FLAC3D.
- Change the measure.strainrate intrinsic to measure.strain.rate to be consistent with FLAC3D.
- Add the sb_area read only property to the softbond model.
- Ongoing documentation improvements.
- Fix 2D GJK bug where termination may not occur when the same distance is computed in multiple steps.
- Add a 2D BBM example.
- Fix multithreading bug on contact initialization with rigid blocks.
- Remove error of contact moving too far for contacts with rigid blocks.
- Modify the MODEL CMAT command to be the CONTACT CMAT command.
- Add the ability to generate rigid blocks from Voronoi or Delaunay tessellations.
- Fix cutting with THROUGHGOING keyword in 2D.
- Add RBLOCK IMPORT command.
- Add ability to export ball positions to a geometry set
- PFC3D/FLAC3D Interface coupling logic
- 2D/3D convex rigid blocks
- PFC3D/FLAC3D overlapping-domains coupling logic
- Generic Adhesive contact model (put in interface documentation)
- PFC 5.0 to PFC 6.0 save file export
- PFC 5.0 to PFC 6.0 data file converter
- Rendering Engine Upgrade (necessary to use Qt5)
- QT5 (necessary to use VS2017 and Intel2017)
- Visual Studio 2017 and Intel 2017 support
- Update to Python 3.6