- About Us
- Contact Us
- Our History
- Find Software Agent
- Office Locations
- Training & Events
Itasca Africa (Pty) Ltd.
Itasca Africa specializes in applying hydrogeology, groundwater hydraulics, numerical modelling, and aqueous geochemistry to mine dewatering, developing water supplies for mines, mine water disposal, and assessing impacts of mining on the quantity and quality of water resources. Specific hydrogeologic consulting services that Itasca offers to the mining industry include:
- Development of conceptual hydrogeologic and hydrogeo- chemical models
- Implementation of field investigations for baseline hydro- geologic and geochemical characterization
- Design and optimization of dewatering and disposal systems
- Design and installation of test, observation, and production wells, including analysis of aquifer tests and production logs
- Exploration and development of groundwater supplies, and technical support in obtaining groundwater rights and permits
- Environmental studies, including support for permitting, regulatory compliance, mine facilities closure, development of impact remediation strategies, and remediation system design, installation and operation
Ms. Diana Duthé is the General Manager and Principal Hydrogeologist of Itasca Africa. She has more than 25 years’ experience in mining hydrogeology and hydrogeochemistry throughout Africa for clients including Debswana, De Beers, Freeport, Impala Platinum, Vale, Kumba Resources, First Quantum, MMG, Anglo Coal, BHP Billiton, ENRC, IAMGOLD, Discovery Metals, Boteti Mining, Anglo Gold Ashanti, Gem Diamonds, Senet and B2Gold.