- About Us
- Contact Us
- Our History
- Find Software Agent
- Office Locations
- Training & Events
Mining Engineer / Geomechanics Engineer
Location: Itasca Consulting Group, Inc., Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Itasca, a growing international engineering company, is seeking a Mining/Geomechanics Engineer in its Minneapolis office. The successful candidate will be responsible mainly for conducting consulting projects using numerical analysis and would interact with both Itasca engineers and clients on a regular basis. The projects are world-class, providing exceptional professional experience working with highly regarded staff in our US and international offices. The candidate should have a background in geomechanics modeling, preferably with Itasca codes in mining applications, and a demonstrated capability to manage projects independently.
Primary position expectations include the ability to:
- Perform numerical modeling, analyze results, and communicate results to clients.
- Work collaboratively with engineering staff on geomechanics consulting projects.
- Participate in business development (seeking new consulting projects and clients).
- Assist software developers in improving Itasca modeling software.
- Be self-directed, managing and completing projects on time and on budget.
- Travel as required to visit client sites and attend conferences, up to 20% time.
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Geotechnical, Geomechanics, Mining Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geophysics, or related field.
- Four (4) years of relevant experience as a Geotechnical Engineer, Mining Engineer, Civil Engineer, Rock Mechanics Engineer, Geomechanics Engineer, or related position.
- Two (2) years of experience with advanced numerical modeling.
- Field experience and Itasca software experience preferred.
- English proficiency.
This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience. Itasca is an employee-owned company that provides stock ownership, 401(k) profit sharing plan, performance bonuses and other benefits including life, dental, disability, and medical insurances. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additional information can be found at www.itascacg.com
Please send cover letter and CV to the attention of Benjamin Harris, Itasca Consulting Group, Inc., 111 Third Avenue South, Suite 450, Minneapolis, MN 55401 or via firstname.lastname@example.org and include the reference number ICG18-08 in the e-mail subject line.