Geomechanics Software Engineer
Itasca Consulting Group, Inc., Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Geomechanics software engineer: The successful candidate will have a background in engineering mechanics and have a master’s or Ph.D. in mechanical, civil or mining engineering or related discipline. Primary responsibilities will include supporting and developing geomechanics modeling software, specifically discrete element and finite volume programs. Programming experience in an engineering application is required. Primary development will be done in C++ but some Fortran development will also be required. Experience using Itasca software is a plus.
Primary expectations include the ability to:
- design and write object-oriented code used for numerical simulations to solve geomechanics problems;
- work collaboratively with the software development team to develop and maintain Itasca’s software;
- communicate with Itasca consultants and external clients to understand user needs and help find and develop effective solutions;
- be self-motivated with the ability to think creatively and solve problems independently; and
- be willing and able to take on different responsibilities within a small software team, including testing, technical support, documentation, training and other non-programming tasks.
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in mathematics, engineering, or related scientific field
- Two (2) years of experience with scientific programming
- English proficiency
- U.S.A. work authorization
Other desirable qualifications:
- C++ proficiency
- Qt programming experience
- Familiarity with Python
- Experience with writing and debugging multi-threaded codes
- Experience in large-scale software development cycles, from requirements to release
- Experience with MPI programming
This is a full-time position. The position is in Minneapolis, but remote working will be allowed for the near future due to COVID-19. Long-term remote employment will only be considered for extraordinary candidates.
Salary is commensurate with the successful candidates’ experience. Itasca is an employee-owned company that provides stock ownership, 401(k) profit-sharing plan, performance bonuses, and other benefits including life, dental, disability, and medical insurances. Reasonable relocation expenses will also be provided. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additional information can be found at www.itascacg.com.
Please send cover letter and CV to the attention of Jim Hazzard.