Engineer - Technical Marketing
Location: Itasca Consulting Group, Inc., Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Itasca Consulting Group, Inc., (ICG) is an Itasca International, Inc., (III) company. III is an employee-owned, global, engineering-consulting and engineering software development and sales company headquartered in downtown Minneapolis on the Mississippi River, with subsidiary offices worldwide. It is one of the world leaders in geomechanics, solving problems in mining, civil engineering, oil & gas, and power generation. Itasca blends local experience with a global perspective and maintains an internationally diverse team of leading engineers, software developers, and
We are seeking an engineer for a technical marketing position in our Minneapolis office. This is a full-time, entry-level position. You would be responsible for assisting with the development of technical materials for software marketing and training, as well as interfacing with customers through training, webinars, social media, and trade shows.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Developing step-by-step tutorials for demonstrating basic operation of Itasca’s geomechanical software.
- Collaborating with consultants to develop, document, and maintain practical examples for marketing and training purposes.
- Creating video tutorials and developing creative marketing materials that effectively display the full range of Itasca’s software capabilities.
- Preparing and presenting content for software training courses and webinars (in person and online).
- Generating marketing content for social media posts (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter), our website, and printed documents.
- Monitoring and contributing to online technical forums.
- Attending trade shows, speaking with clients, and performing software demonstrations.
Itasca is a dynamic organization, and the successful applicant should be able to adapt to changing priorities and be willing to contribute to varied initiatives when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, mining engineering, or related field.
- Experience using numerical modeling software (Itasca software experience is a definite plus).
- English proficiency with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud applications or other desktop publishing tools.
- Willingness to travel occasionally (less than 5% time).
- USA work authorization.
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your numerical modeling skills and learn more about engineering consulting, research, and software development. Itasca is an employee-owned company that provides stock ownership, 401(k) profit-sharing plan, performance bonuses, and other benefits including life, dental, disability, and medical insurances. Reasonable relocation expenses will also be provided. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additional information about Itasca can be found on our website at www.itascacg.com.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to:
Dr. Jim Hazzard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the reference number ICG20-01in the email subject line.